Sequels are generally and usually disappointing (with the exception The Bourne trilogy among other few) but this I tell you did not disappoint. It was worth every penny!
Seeing almost all my action heroes in one movie is so cool! They've become so old but the old charm that had this once-little-kid shun pink ribbons for toy guns is unquestionably still there. I smile as I remember how obsessed I was to copy Van Damme's flying kick or be as bravely Chuck Norris attends to his wounds after fights (who could ever forget Rambo?).
Here is a list of things I loved about the movie:
- It's action packed. No complicated plot or solving a conspiracy just plain old KILL TARGET IN SIGHT. As Stallone puts it in the movie, "Track 'em, Find 'em, Kill 'em"
- Stallone, Willis, Van Damme, Norris, Statham, Lundgren, Schwarzenegger --all these men? One movie bursting with testosterone!
- Statham's deep husky voice, big arms that ripple when he holds big guns.. do I need to continue? Yeah, you get it.
- Behind the tough exterior, I love how these men discuss their feelings and women when they're not brewing a plan to murder and crush their enemies. Just soooo adorable and hilarious especially when it's Lundgren and Statham talking.
- Unabashed nostalgia for the old wolf pack. Every time one comes up, the movie let him steal the show.You gotta love Chuck Norris and his one liner when Stallone asked him, "I hear you got bitten by a King Cobra" to which he answered as a matter-of-factly, "Yes, and after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died."
- The movie was full of SAVVY.
Cannot wait to watch it again on DVD.
What made it more fun was watching it with fellow fans. :) Thank you for the company.