Saturday, July 14, 2012

Zia Quizon: Dear Lonely


What's the deal lonely
Come face me
Why'd you have to come at night?
You know it's not right

You're in my bed when I sleep
And in my pillow you bring tears

I rarely am a fan of local solo artists. Most of them are entertainers. You say, isn't it the whole point? To entertain? I say, no, it's making good music and less of hitting high notes and not constantly making versions after versions of popular songs. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the classic birits on TV but on my iPod. I want good music I can listen to on those long bus rides to work, walks and on lazy days idling in bed or by the window.

Then I discovered Zia online through her debut song, Ako Na Lang. Needless to say, I was immediately hooked. I like her. Her songs are very addictive. I have them played when I go for a shower, on my long walks to work and on bus rides home. She is a breath of fresh air in the local music scene. 

She can hold her own without her famous parents shadowing her career. 

May she continue to be true to her craft. I now have Zia in the short list of local artists I do follow and like so much (e.g. Up Dharma Down, PNE, Urbandub and Bamboo).

Support our local artists! Soar high Zia! 

2 comments:

WANDER SHUGAH said...

ganahan sad ko ani.. wee!
ui kamusta na?

Unknown said...

Okay lang. Just you know enjoying how it is to be single and independent in a metro city.

IKAW? are you always travelling?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...