Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cartwheels in Subic


Last weekend, I went to my first ever company outing. To be honest, I had high expectations. For starters, staying in a really expensive room for two nights and tons of activities designed to get one know other colleagues from different departments and branches. Sure there were games but I still huddled close to my comfort zone. Contrary to what many believe, I am no good with meeting new people. Personally, I suck at it. So I need a more non-awkward, laid back setting that help shake things up and meet new friends like fun, engaging games. 

Longest line. Like, hello? And, um, sand sculpture was fail since it rained. 

Good thing, all that went away, as soon as we got to settle to our rooms. I was pleased to note two double beds. Camayan Beach Resort ain't bad after all. I wonder how much it cost our company for each room...

So anyway, food was average. I give the resort a grade point B for it. 

But, I really, really enjoyed myself with Ocean Adventure! Remember the movie Flipper (the dolphin starring alongside Elijah Woods)? Some of his equally playful and intelligent friends were there. And like him, they were adorably cute! I watched the dolphin show thrice; each time I was overjoyed like a little kid. There were sea lions too. Equally adorable lot. 


My colleagues and I had early dinner and jumped in the waters for a night swim. We had fun playing with the angry waves. We stayed close together and met the huge waves. I screamed in happy panic wave after wave. It was a lot of fun! 


I spent the next day kayaking. I was pretty nervous since it was my first time ever. And then of course, the JUMP SHOTS. Tons of it. And cartwheels on the beach. Wow, I still know how albeit it looking pretty lame and wobbly.

I pretty much enjoyed my weekend. I am building new relationship with all these fun people at work. I am glad I have them at work. I find it very important that I get along with the people I work with. Under intense pressure, stress and mental exhaustion, all these take the backseat when you have them to laugh with. 

And with that, thank you God. You always put me in a good place. Always. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...