Thursday, June 14, 2012

Banana Pancakes on Repeat



I found this song recently as it played randomly in my media player. Jack Johnson's Banana Pancakes is perfect for rainy days. I found myself playing it on repeat as I work in the office. It helps me relax.

When I hear the song, I think of home, of hot coffee or coco, of waffles, of endless time lazing on the couch by the window watching everything get drenched, of the lulling sound of the rain, of the cold, of children playing tag under the rain.. all these in a heady mix of nostalgia, longing and daydreaming. 

It makes me ignore the cynic in me and fearlessly embrace emotional vulnerability and nakedness to a faceless, nameless stranger I somehow wish and dread to meet one day and sing this lines to him unabashedly out of tune:

"When the world fits inside of your arms,
 Don't really need to pay attention the alarm
 Wake up slow, yeah, wake up slow"  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...