Saturday, December 19, 2009

CHRISTMAS is here!


Despite missing the 4 am mass today, I woke up extra happy and refreshed. Never had a ten hour sleep for the longest time!!! As soon as I stepped out of the room, I realized my vacation officially starts now. *BIG GRIN*

Christmas is without a doubt my favorite season of the year. I get excited a lot and turn extra mushy on little things. Just strolling the city streets can uplift your spirit with a subtle jolt. You never know it crept on you already, the CHRISTMAS BUG. I have that. Now.

WHAT is the big deal with Christmas? Why do I long for it every year? My reasons are quite materialistic. NOT! Jeez. I do admit I have a few expensive wants but.. the things that usually perk me up on this holiday season is..

  1. Watching lights flicker around rhythmically topped with Christmas melodies.
  2. Misa de Gallo or Simbang Gabi. ( though I have not completed the nine mornings my entire life. I keep missing one or two every time) and the early morning air as I walk to and from the church.
  3. The silhouette the sun makes as it rises in the horizon. The play of colors are just amazing.
  4. Walking the city streets as it gets busier as Christmas day nears. All those people bustling in stores hunting for meaningful gifts to give with their tight budget. No matter what, Filipinos splurge for this season. Its TRADITION!
  5. Parties! Need I say more?
  6. Reunions with family and friends.
  7. Receiving greetings from strangers you meet on the road and messages from friends you thought you have lost over the years.
  8. Shopping.
  9. The food. The food. THE FOOOD! Preparing for noche buena is FUN! Waiting for midnight to strike spamming everyone with SMS and cause the network to go crazy.
  10. Giving gifts regardless how small. Giving to people who can't give in return. Try it. You get greater joy in giving.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

What is it that you love about Christmas?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...