Watching the Twilight movie was partly a bad move; I lost my groove for the next flick (Twilight so-so aftermath). I had no right to expect a lot from it knowing they had a pretty small budget to work with (unlike HP installments) but still lurking deep in my subconscious, I was hoping for a miracle.
I came out of the movie house half disappointed. The keyword there folks is 'half'. The movie was not a complete blunder to deserve the word 'crap and trash'. It won't be raking millions in its debut if it were; albeit 80% of those tickets were from shrieking fans eager for a vamp's bite. The remaining 20%? People driven with curiosity; checking out what caused the frenzy over pale-hot men.Some pretty good scenes from the book were either disregarded or portrayed with less intensity (i.e. the hiking-to-the-meadow-part-and-Edward-shimmering-like-a-walking-diamond!). Okay so maybe it's just me. I love that scene! And the Twilight team was like bragging the shimmering-like-diamonds part. Thus, I was led thinking I'll probably hyperventilate when I get to see him 'shimmer' while saying the words, 'And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.' That part, in my opinion, sucked!
On a brighter note, the baseball scene ROCKED, immensely.
I deeply regret verbally abusing Pattinson. The casting team (sp?) made the right decision giving the role to Robert Pattinson. He may not be the Edward I imagined, but when his face showed up onscreen I could swear it sizzled from sheer awesomeness! I pity Norka (the friend who sat beside me). Unlike her who simply smiled (demure? could be.) I squealed and pushed her over and over again.
The Bella Kristin Stewart portrayed was overly-aggressive. At some parts, she had to narrate and it was pretty monotonous. The way she delivered the most significant lines were lacking deep emotion. Is it just me? Or am I being too hard on her?
OTHER KEY POINTS:
- Why is Mike too cocky? Is he supposed to be a bit behaved.
- Charlie is CHARLIE. Two thumbs up. His most abused words, "I put the pepper spray on your bag"
- OMG. Carlisle stole the show for a minute or two there. Perhaps the hottest 30-something blonde I laid my eyes on (except for Brad Pitt and Beckham, duh!).
- I gotta give the 'most gorgeous' trophy to Victoria. Even with leaves sticking on her thick, blonde curls, she still looked awesome. Sorry Rosalie.
- Jacob with his bean hat on is cute.